Last week, Gia informed me at bedtime that the next day was super hero day and her four year old life would be over if she did not have a costume. So, I did exactly the opposite of what my over achieving crafty friends do and went to bed.
The next morning after working away I realized I was not going to get away without making some kind of costume.
What we had:
– navy blue skirt
– red henley
– red cape in costume box
– gold Christmas ribbon
– princess tiara
– construction paper
– double sided tape
– the internet
What we (ahem, I) did:
– printed out two Wonder Woman logos
– covered the princess tiara with yellow construction paper
– taped logos on cape and tiara
– dressed G in skirt and shirt
– made a belt and cuffs from Christmas ribbon
– taught G the Wonder Woman shield
I think it turned out pretty cute. And of course, when I picked her up from school she was just wearing the skirt and shirt. Gah.